This strawberry lemonade recipe is refreshing, easy to make, and a great way to use up summer strawberries. It’s the perfect crowd-pleasing pitcher for summer parties, the Fourth of July, and BBQs.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound strawberries (the riper the better) cut into halves & tops removed
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I prefer superfine sugar because it dissolves easier)
- Juice of 4 lemons (about 3/4-1 cup of juice)
- Cold water (still or sparkling – I used a mix so there was a little fizz)
- Ice (optional)
- Strawberry and lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Prep your strawberries. Add them to a blender, along with the sugar and enough water so it blends easily. Blend until smooth.
- Juice your lemons.
- Using a sieve, strain the strawberry juice and lemon juice. To do this, I put the sieve over a bowl and use a spoon to move it along faster. I then transfer the pulp-free strawberry/lemon juice mix to a pitcher.
- Top up the pitcher with water. I suggest tasting it as you add water so it doesn’t get too watery. Chill or serve right away.
- If desired, add ice and fruit pieces just prior to serving.