These sweet and smoky BBQ shrimp tacos are the perfect weeknight meal! The prep and cooking time is minimal, and they have a nice zip to them. The BBQ sauce adds a bit of sweetness and smoke. Ready in 20 minutes!
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 5 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 (3/4 lb.) bag medium uncooked shrimp
- 8-12 medium flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Southwest Seasoning*
- 1/2 tablespoon Tex Mex seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 fresh lime cut into quarters
- Cherry tomatoes cut into quarters or smaller
- Half onion diced
- Sour cream
- Salsa (I use Newman’s Own Tequila Lime)
- Start by preparing the shrimp. If frozen, remove from bag and place in colander. Run cool water over them until they thaw. Peel and devein.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (to warm tortillas), wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven.
- Chop the onion and tomatoes.
- Pour olive oil into frying pan and add shrimp, southwest seasoning, Tex Mex seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and BBQ sauce. Since shrimp cook really fast I like to add everything to the pan before I turn on the heat. Once you have all the ingredients in the pan, mix them up and spread the shrimp out so none are on top of each other.
- Cook the shrimp on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce reduces a bit.
- Top tacos with shrimp, sour cream, salsa, onions, and tomatoes.