White Chocolate Coconut Cashew Hot Smoothie – A touch of white chocolate with creamy cashews, coconut milk and a few other nutritious goodies make this a lovely, warming winter breakfast.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 2 mins | Total Time: 7 mins
- 2 large or 4 small chunks white Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups fresh Coconut milk the refrigerated kind such as Apro – as opposed to canned coconut milk
- 6 tbsp Oats
- 1 ripe Banana the riper the better
- 2 tsp Maca powder optional
- 20 Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Toasted coconut simply place unsweetened coconut flakes in a hot oven for 1 minute to brown – but be careful, they burn quickly
- Add the white chocolate to a jug, and pour in 2 cups of the coconut milk. Microwave until the mixture is hot and the chocolate has melted (you can do this in a pan if you prefer).
- Place the oats, banana, maca powder, cashew nuts, 1 tbsp of the toasted coconut, and the 1/2 cup of cold coconut milk into your smoothie maker or blender (don’t add any hot liquid to your smoothie maker or blender).
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and have been completely incorporated (add and extra splash of cold coconut milk or water if it’s looking too thick to blend properly).
- Divide the blended oat mixture between two cups and stir in the hot milk/chocolate mix. Top with the remaining toasted coconut and serve.