This shredded kale and Brussels sprouts salad is flavorful, filling, and delicious with pecorino cheese and mandarin oranges.
Prep Time 20 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 small bunch kale stems removed & leaves chopped finely
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts trimmed & chopped finely
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 small red onion chopped finely
- 1 cup freshly (finely) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1-2 mandarin oranges peeled & segmented
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing and set aside. Prep your kale and Brussels sprouts and add them to a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing (this will helped soften the kale). I suggest playing with the quantities of the dressing ingredients to adjust to your personal taste.
- Prep the rest of the ingredients and add them to the salad bowl. Toss gently.
- This salad won’t get soggy, so you can make it a few hours ahead. It still tastes good the next day, but it’s not quite as good as it is freshly made.
- This is the newer model of the cheese grater I used for this recipe.