This keto friendly 7 Layer Salad recipe is packed with so many delicious flavors. It’s a fabulous addition to potlucks and parties and makes a great low carb side dish.
Course: Salad | Cuisine: American | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
I’m still a bit naive to the concept behind Seven Layer Salad, but I must say, I am in love! It’s a great and straightforward option to serve salads at the occasion.
One of the most appealing features is that you could prepare it before an entire day. This means there’s no last-minute panic to cook food prior to you having guests.
I was especially impressed by the flavor that the keto-based salad layered salad was packed with flavor. With the simple ingredients, I was worried that it could be bland, and however, it was moist and delicious, and two of my three kids returned for more.
I think I’ve got lucky with my parenting!
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 medium green onions, white and light green parts only chopped
- ¾ cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 hardboiled eggs chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Arrange the lettuce at the bottom of a large bowl or trifle dish.
- Then layer on the celery and onions, the snap peas, the cucumber and tomato, and the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over top of the layers.
- Finally, layer on the cheese and top with the bacon. Refrigerate 1 hour to chill before serving.