- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 400g (14 oz) chicken mince
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, de-stemmed and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 sheets (25cm x 25cm) puff pastry
- 4 egg yolks, lightly whisked
- black sesame seeds
Sweet Chilli Relish:
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp diced cucumber
- 1 tbsp finely diced red Asian shallots (or red onion)
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and coconut milk in a small bowl. Set aside for 2-3 minutes to soften. Then mix the breadcrumbs with the chicken, curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and fish sauce.
- Preheat oven to 200° C/390°F.
- Take one sheet of puff pasty and cut in half. Shape a quarter of the chicken mix into a sausage shape down the centre of one strip of pastry. Brush one side of the pastry with egg yolk. Then roll the pastry over the filling to cover. Slice into 8 small sausage rolls. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with egg yolk. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to allow the egg wash to set. Then brush again with another layer of egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- In the meantime, make the sweet chilli relish by mixing the ingredients in bowl.
- Serve the sausage rolls warm or at room temperature with the sweet chilli relish on the side.