This Christmas popcorn recipe is quick and very simple. The perfect sweet holiday treat! You only need 3 ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 5 minutes | Chill time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 bag microwave popcorn (I used a natural flavored one)
- 1 pound white chocolate chips
- Red and green sprinkles to taste
- Pop your popcorn according to package directions. Add it to a large baking sheet that’s been lined with wax paper. Discard any unpopped kernels.
- Melt your white chocolate in a medium bowl in 30-second increments in the microwave (stir in between). I err on the side of microwaving less and letting it sit a bit longer between intervals so I don’t scorch it.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and toss it with the chocolate until it’s fully coated. You can use your hands or even salad tongs for this step.
- Spread the popcorn out in an even layer and add the sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set. I like to speed this process up by putting the baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
- Keep in a sealed container or portion the popcorn up (e.g. in small bags). It’ll last for a few days without going stale.
- This popcorn is really coated in the white chocolate. If you just want a hit of chocolate, halve the chocolate amount (I used 2 bags of white chocolate chips).
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn = 12 cups so keep that in mind if you’re making popcorn another way.