Knowing how to make your own mozzarella sticks is a dangerous thing. At any moment, you could whip up your very own sticks of warm and creamy mozzarella surrounded in perfectly fried Italian batter. Comfort food you say?
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- Enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan as seen in the video
- Optional: warm marinara sauce or cold ranch dressing
Other Supplies Needed:
- 2 small bowls
- Frying pan
- Paper towels
- Cut the mozzarella cheese sticks in half
- Whisk both eggs in one bowl
- Add breadsticks to second bowl
- Roll each cheese stick in the egg
- Then roll each stick into the bread crumbs
- Repeat steps #4 and #5 at least twice until the cheese sticks are covered in batter
- Warm oil in the frying pan over medium heat until it is hot (not bubbling, but hot enough to fry)
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium low and place the prepared cheese sticks into the hot oil
- They should begin to fry instantly
- Turn the cheese sticks over (about 2-3 times) until they are fried all around. This only takes about a minute or so because they fry quickly!
- Place the fried sticks on a stack of paper towels. The excess oil will absorb into the paper towels
- Enjoy warm!
- Consider dipping them into warm marinara sauce or cold ranch dressing
enjoy with Mozzarella Sticks