- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns, defrosted
- ¼ cup butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1 small yellow onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13-inch pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large pan. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add hash browns to pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season hash browns with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to mix everything together evenly.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.