These cheesy, garlic butter Meatball Sub Sliders are perfect for parties, snacks, weeknight meals, summer days, and even holidays! Easy homemade and delicious recipe! Super soft bakery rolls, layered with ricotta, juicy meatballs, mozzarella and a delicious garlic parmesan butter glaze.
- 8 Italian Style Meatballs (I use frozen but you can use homemade)
- 12 oz Marinara Sauce (1/2 jar)
- 8 Bakery Rolls
- 2 Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Ricotta
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Basil and Pepper to Taste
Other Supplies Needed:
- Small Rectangle Baking Dish (11×7 or 9×13)
- Non-Stick Spray
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Bread Knife
- Basting Brush
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Prepare meatballs as desired. If you’re using frozen meatballs, cook them on medium-low heat in the marinara sauce for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare baking dish with nonstick spray
- Using a bread knife, cut the rolls in half and put the bottom halves in the baking dish as pictured
- With a spatula, spread the ricotta cheese evenly over the bread in the baking dish
- Place 1 meatball in the center of each roll. Spoon a little of the remaining marinara sauce over each meatball
- Tip, you CAN cut the meatballs in half, which makes eating them easier – especially for kiddos with smaller hands!
- Sprinkle grated parmesan and basil over the meatballs to taste
- Cut the 2 slices of mozzarella into quarters (cut each slice in half twice to make 8 smaller squares)
- Place the mozzarella squares on top of each meatball
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and stir in the minced garlic and tablespoon of grated parmesan. Add a dash of basil and pepper to taste.
- Cover each slider with the top half of bread
- With a basting brush, cover the tops with the garlic butter
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 20 minutes
enjoy with Meatball Sub Sliders