This healthier grilled salmon Caesar salad is lightened up so you can have that fabulous Caesar taste without all the extra calories.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Marinade time: 30 minutes | Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- Parmesan cheese shaved or grated to taste
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste (or to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the salmon pieces to a large Ziploc bag, and pour the marinade ingredients over top. Gently move the salmon around the bag to coat it in the mixture. Place bag in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisking them together thoroughly. Adjust ingredients to you liking if needed (e.g. add more lemon juice, anchovy, or salt & pepper). Set aside until needed.
- Oil your grill’s grate and preheat it to high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high, and grill the salmon for about 5 minutes per side, or until it’s cooked through.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing and parmesan cheese. Using a fork, break up the salmon into bite-size pieces. Top the salad with the salmon and avocado. Serve immediately.
- I used a gas BBQ to grill the salmon. Please keep in mind every BBQ/grill/grill pan is different, and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Serves 2-4.