Strawberry, Corn and Avocado Tortellini Salad is a refreshing summer salad made with a few simple ingredients! Strawberries, corn, avocado, basil, Parmesan cheese and a simple balsamic dressing are combined to create a fresh salad packed with flavor.
- 22 ounces tortellini pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil for garnish
- Cook the tortellini according the package instructions. Drain and drizzle one tablespoon olive oil over the pasta to prevent it from sticking. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Toss the pasta, corn, avocado, strawberries and dressing in a bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
- You can prepare this salad in advance. I recommend preparing it without the avocado and store in a sealed container until ready to serve, Just prior to serving, add the avocado.