Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa are a quick, fresh and easy meal for lunch or dinner! Top lightly seasoned grilled shrimp tacos with a homemade mango avocado salsa to create an easy shrimp taco recipe that kids and adults will love.
Yield: 6 tacos | Prep Time: 25 mins |Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
For the shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- dash of salt
- 1 ½ pounds medium size shrimp peeled and deveined
For the salsa:
- 1 ripe mango cubed
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ a lime for juicing
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- additional toppings as desired
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Let shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the shrimp are marinating, combine mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the grill and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Divide the salsa and shrimp evenly among the tortillas and top with any other toppings as desired.
- Prep the salsa in advance without the avocado. Store in the refrigerator and add chopped avocado just prior to serving (to prevent avocado from turning brown.)
- Add your other favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, etc.
- Grill the shrimp on skewers to make it easy.
- Use corn or flour tortillas.