Combine a few simple ingredients together to create this Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries, Greens and Apples! The side dish is naturally gluten free and paleo. It’s the perfect side dish for dinner or holiday parties.
Yield: 6 |Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 35 mins| Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peeled & chopped into one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and julienned or chopped
- 4 ounces organicgirl i heart baby kale
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle squash with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast squash for 25 minutes. Add cranberries and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and cinnamon to make vinaigrette. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining teaspoon olive oil. Saute apple for 3 minutes until softened. Add the greens and cook until wilted.
- Combine everything together in a large bowl. Gently stir to combine. Enjoy!