One Pot Supreme Pizza Quinoa Casserole is a great way to get your pizza fix, but in a healthier and more wholesome way. You’ll love how easy and how quick this one pot meal is to make!
Yield: 6 servings |Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 30 mins |Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 italian turkey sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Over medium-heat spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and crumble with a wooden spoon.
- When the sausage is cooked add in the red onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, spinach and olives.
- Sauté for a couple minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, tomato paste and tomato sauce and stir until everything is combined.
- Add in the quinoa and water and stir to combine.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, cover with a lid and cook on medium low heat for approximately 20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and cover with the lid cooking another minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.