Easy Vegan Carrot Lox is something that I have been wanting to make for the longest time ever since i tried it at a cafe years ago! instead of salmon, this recipe is made with carrots, which i think is so cool! you’re going to love this recipe.
on top of the carrot lox, i made an easy yogurt schmear made with vegan coconut yogurt.
Servings 8 | Cooking time 50 minutes
- 5 large carrots peeled
- extra virgin olive oil for coating
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp caper juice
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/8 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 grated garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
- vegan schmear
- 16 ounces super thick coconut yogurt strained in cheese cloth
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
How To Make Easy Vegan Carrot Lox
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- toss the peeled carrots in olive oil and bake at 375 degrees for 50. Can roast a little longer (5-7 min for softer texture, just keep an eye on the carrots
- gently peel or very thinly slice the carrots with a knife into thin pieces.
- mix all brine ingredients together well, and place the carrots inside. mix again and place in the fridge at least a few hours but preferably overnight.
- then, whisk the schmear ingredients together, top bagels of your choosing, and add the carrot lox from the brine. store up to three days in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!!
enjoy with Easy Vegan Carrot Lox