These grilled honey garlic shrimp skewers are quick, delicious, and only take 15 minutes to marinate. They’re sure to be a hit this summer!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 5 minutes | Marinade time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp (26-30/pound) shrimp, thawed & peeled (tails on)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the shrimp to a large Ziploc. Pour the marinade over them and move the bag around gently to ensure they’re coated. Pop the bag in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, it’s a good idea to soak them for 20-30 minutes prior to grilling to prevent excessive burning/splintering.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Grill skewers for about 2 minutes/side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve shrimp on the skewers if desired, or take them off prior to serving.
- I used a gas BBQ to grill these shrimp. Keep in mind every BBQ/grill/grill pan is different, so adjust cooking time accordingly.
- You could also make these with smaller shrimp if you wish.
- Serves 2-4 people depending on what else is served.