Bruschetta salmon is an easy, summery dish that is a great way to take advantage of in-season tomatoes and basil. Ready in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 pieces fresh salmon about 1 pound
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Garlic powder to taste
Bruschetta pomodoro topping:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 large leaves basil torn into small pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and position the rack in the top third of the oven.
- Make the bruschetta by chopping tomatoes into small pieces and combining all bruschetta ingredients in a bowl. Set aside (refrigerate it if you prefer it really cold).
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil on top of the salmon and use a spoon to coat it evenly with the oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of fish) until it’s cooked through.
- When salmon is cooked, take it out of the oven and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Serve the salmon with the bruschetta sprinkled on top of the salmon. This dish is great with a salad, new potatoes, or rice.