Fun fact: I’m 1/4 Ukranian and so pierogies (or perogies, however, you spell them) are in my blood. This One Pot Perogie Casserole Bake tastes (and smells) amazing. This casserole back is basically the food equivalent of a hug.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 35 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 onion diced
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 18 frozen pierogies
- 1/3 ring garlic sausage sliced and then quartered
- 3/4 cup whole cream
- 2 cups shredded marble cheese
- Optional: parsley and extra cooked sausage for garnish.
- Pre heat oven to 375F
- In a large skillet/chefs pan over medium heat add the chopped onion, diced bacon, sausage and half the butter. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the rest of the butter and the frozen perogies. Saute for 5 -8 minutes, stirring around frequently until the perogies are no longer frozen.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cream and turn the heat to medium-low. When the cream looks like it’s thickening, add the rest, stir and top with the cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with parsley and extra cooked sausage to garnish.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25.2g | Saturated Fat: 13.2g | Cholesterol: 71.2mg | Sodium: 1215.5mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 4.8g
enjoy with One Pot Perogie Casserole Bake