Course: Soup | Cuisine: Italian | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Calories: 425kcal
- 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil divided
- 1 ½ lb chicken thighs cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or stockpot set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the butter or oil. While heating, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and stir in the garlic, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Sauté 2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the broth.
- Add the cauliflower and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup and the chicken and sundried tomatoes to the pot and bring back to a simmer. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan and stir until well combined. Serve with more grated Parmesan sprinkled over.