This keto jerk chicken with cauliflower rice is an easy one pan meal. A mouthwatering low carb dinner inspired by Jamaican jerk paste. If you love keto chicken recipes, this one’s a winner! Dairy free, paleo, and keto.
The Jamaican jerk chicken was my first taste. That unique combination of heat and spices was what I loved. My husband and I kept a jar filled with jerk seasoning paste in our refrigerator for many years.
When I wrote Easy Keto Dinners, I knew I had to include a recipe. It was a Keto Jerk Chicken with Rice that I made in one pan.
It is so beautiful that I felt I had to share it on my blog.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4 servings Calories: 487kcal
- 1½ teaspoons Swerve Sweetener or other granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces cauliflower rice
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetener, sea salt, all spice, pepper, garlic, cayenne, parsley, paprika, thyme, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Rub the chicken all over with the spice blend.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the avocado oil until shimmering. Add the chicken skin-side down and do not disturb for 4 minutes, until the skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the onion to the pan. Sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and cook until just tender, another 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken thighs to the pan, skin-side up, and transfer the whole skillet to the oven. Bake 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.