Instant Pot shredded chicken can be used in a variety of different recipes (anything that requires cooked chicken). You will love this quick and easy method to make the best tender shredded chicken!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Inactive time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Season each piece of chicken with salt. Add the chicken broth to your Instant Pot, along with the chicken.
- Close the lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the countdown has completed, do a 5 minute natural pressure release, and then release the rest of the pressure by doing a quick release.
- Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot and shred it with 2 forks. I like to mix it with a bit of the cooking liquid to help keep it moist. You can either discard the remaining cooking liquid or reserve it to add it to soups etc.
- Cooking time will remain the same if you cook 2, 3, 4, or even 8 chicken breasts. The Instant Pot will take longer to come up to pressure with more chicken that’s in there.
- For frozen chicken breasts, cook them on high pressure for 12 minutes and do a natural pressure release. Ensure they’re separated for best results (not frozen as one big chunk).
- For chicken thighs, cook them on high pressure for 13 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release for the remaining pressure (or just let the pressure naturally release fully).
- Chicken will keep for up to 5 days in a sealed container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.