Tomato Basil Chicken is easy and quick to prepare, and bursting with fresh flavor. Seven simple ingredients and less than 40 minutes is all it takes. It’s a must if you’re looking for more easy keto dinners.
Are you looking for ways to make use of some garden tomatoes? You should look at these keto-friendly tomatoes and basil chicken. It is a perfect example of the late summer’s produce.
The best part is that it’s so simple to prepare and you can have dinner ready in just 40 minutes.
Course: dinner | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 6 servings | Calories: 304kcal
- 2 ½ cups diced fresh tomatoes seeds and liquid removed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil lightly packed
- ¼ cup Finely grated parmesan
- Make sure to remove as much of the seeds (and the liquid from the seed pockets) from the tomatoes as you can. Place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes to thicken. Stir in the cream and basil.
- Add the chicken back int to heat through, about 2 minutes. Top with grated parmesan.