Trust me, this Easy Chicken Caprese is about to become your new favorite keto dinner recipe. Simple to make with only 5 ingredients and the whole family loves it. It’s a delicious way to use some of the fresh summer produce and has less than 2g total carbs per serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 4 servings | Calories: 315kcal
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced into 5 or 6 slices
- 1 medium tomato sliced into 5 or 6 slices (as many as you have thighs)
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until over medium heat until shimmering. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add in a single layer to pan. Sear on the first side until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, then sear on the second side another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a medium casserole dish or glass baking pan. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh mozzarella, then top each with a slice of tomato.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling and chicken is cooked through. Turn on broiler for 2 or 3 minutes to brown the top of the cheese.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.