Create a flavorful meal with these Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks! Combine a few fresh ingredients with the chicken legs and bake in the oven in 30 minutes to create one of the best chicken drumstick recipes.
Yield: 10 drumsticks |Prep Time: 10 mins| Cook Time: 30 mins| Total Time: 40 mins
- 10 chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablepoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels and place on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the olive oil, butter, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl. Rub the olive oil mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken, rubbing to coat well.
- In another small bowl stir together the pepper, salt, garlic powder, oregano, basil, black pepper and onion powder. Sprinkle the spices evenly over the chicken.
- Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 to 10 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees with an instant read thermometer.