good morning and happy happy Monday! i’m starting out this holiday week on a good note with Semi-Homemade Vegan Cookies and Cream Cake, YUM. it’s not a holiday recipe but it sure is good, and we all could use something semi-homemade in our lives, right?
cutting back on the effort to make something is my kind of jam. if you’re looking for a show stopping cake, this is it.
Servings 7 | Cooking time 45minutes
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup runny almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups dairy free milk
- 2 tubs store-bought vanilla frosting (10 ounces each per tub)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/3 cup store bought vegan chocolate cream filled cookies (to keep the ENTIRE cake gluten-free, use some chocolate cream filled cookies that are also GF, i accidentally did not. i found that Goodie Girl is a good vegan and gf option.
How To Make Semi-Homemade Vegan and Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Cake
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the cake ingredients well until a very thick batter forms.
- add half of the batter to a two greased 8 in round cake pans.
- bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. cool down completely before adding the frosting.
- for the frosting, add the two tubs of vanilla frosting and the cookies to a large food processor and blend until a chunky cookies and cream frosting forms. the frosting has to be room temp, borderline slightly warm to mix well in the food processor with the cookies.
- add half to to center of the cake and the rest to the top and enjoy! best eaten on day of making the cake!
enjoy with Semi-Homemade Vegan and GF Cookies and Cream Cake