Chocolate Chess Pie is a fudgy chocolate pie filling made in a flaky crust that will satisfy all the chocolate lovers out there! If you are craving an even sweeter pie, try my Chess Pie!
Prep Time 21 mins | Cook Time 1 hr 10 mins | Total Time 1 hr 31 mins
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (29.5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (½ stick, 57g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (5 ounces or ⅔ cup) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- whipped topping, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pie crust out into a 12-inch circle. Carefully transfer the crust to a 9-inch pie plate. Cinch the edge of your pie crust to create your desired shape.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and cocoa. Whisk together until combined.
- Add butter, eggs, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until mostly set (some jiggle is okay). Turn off the oven, crack open the oven door, and leave the pie in the oven as it cools for 20-30 minutes. During this time, the top of the pie will gently fall/sink back down.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar or garnish with whipped topping.