Garlic Mushroom and Brie Toast – Garlicky mushroom deliciousness….. Well-seasoned mushrooms cooked with butter, garlic and thyme, served on top of melty brie-covered toast.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Total Time: 10 mins
- 2 large slices bread cut in half
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 regular mushrooms I used chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- large pinch salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 170 g (6oz) Brie, sliced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides under a grill (broiler).
- Heat the butter and oil in a small frying pan/skillet. Place the mushrooms in the pan and fry on a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until the mushroom turn brown and a little bit crisp at the edges. Then turn down the heat and stir in the salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute, then turn the heat down to very low.
- Place the slices of brie on the toast and put back under the grill to melt. Once melted, place on two plates.
- Strip two of the thyme sprigs of the little leaves and stir through the garlic mushrooms. Spoon on top of the brie, then top each toast slice with a sprig of thyme and a grind of black pepper.