These no-bake Banana Bread Energy Balls are packed with delicious goodies. Perfect for breakfast on the run!
Prep Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 20 mins
- 110 g cashew nuts
- 150 g rolled oats (use gluten-free certified oats if required)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 50 g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place the cashew nuts into a food processer and pulse until it turns to a grainy paste. This paste will help the mixture stick together.
- Add the rolled oats and pulse again for a few seconds to break up the oats a little bit. Add the bananas, and pulse again until fully combined.
- Stir in the ground almonds, then add the chocolate chips, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Stir again until combined. You should have a thick, sticky paste, that can be rolled into balls. If the mixture is too loose, stir in an extra spoonful of oats.
- Place the shredded coconut and chia seeds into a shallow bowl and mix together. The chia seeds will sink to the bottom, that’s fine.
- Scoop a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into your hand, then roll into a ball. Roll around in the coconut mixture, pressing down a little so the coconut sticks and a few chia seeds also stick. Place on a plate or tray.
- Repeat until all of the mixture is used. Eat immediately, or store in an air-tight container at room temperature. The banana balls should keep for 2-3 days.
Nutritional Information is per energy ball.