A delicious recipe for smoked meatloaf that is packed with cheese and smoked flavor! It’s a Traeger Meatloaf is smoked one your grill, and tastes incredible. It’s a refreshing alternative to the classic meatloaf recipe that’ll keep you making it using an electric smoker! When you’ve tried it, you’ll want it no other way. Simple and delicious. This is a fantastic, easy beginner recipe that is so delicious that even the most experienced cook will enjoy this!
Prep Time 10mins | Cook Time 1 hr 30 mins | Total Time 1 hr 40 mins | Calories 709 kcal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 c. Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c. yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
1-Preheat and prepare electric smoker to 325 degrees F. according to manufacturer’s directions.
2-In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Shape into a loaf.
3-Place on smoker and smoke until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F which should take about 1 1/2 hours.
4- Remove from smoker, slice and serve immediately.
- We suggest making use of a thermometer wireless to keep track of how much meatloaf is cooking quickly.
- An easy way to do this is to get an rack to put the meatloaf on, and then place the rack directly onto the rack for smoking. This means that you don’t need to transfer the meatloaf onto the rack for smoking and you’ll have less chance of it breaking. After that, just take the rack off and take it inside to cut once it’s finished! It’s possible to use any pan you own, it’s just that it must have holes in the bottom, similar to grill pans, so smoke can circulate throughout the meatloaf.
- Cooking times can vary according to the thickness of your meatloaf , as well as smokers. Make sure to cook at the right temperature, not to an exact time.
Make Ahead Tips!
Absolutely! It can be prepared in the morning, and then put it in the fridge until you’re ready in the evening. Can you freeze meatloaf before cooking? It is possible! Make the meatloaf, then freeze it uncooked. It’s then time to cook the loaf.
Why is my meatloaf falling into pieces? It’s going to fall apart due to the lack of binder i.e. eggs or breadcrumbs. The result is the bread being smashed.
Wood Chips or Pellet Flavors Sweet fruit woods such as apple or cherry are perfect to use in this recipe. However, you can also make an ingredient mix for competition.
Leftovers Meatloaf can be stored at room temperature for up or five days. If you’re worried it’ll take a while to be consumed, wrap it in a good way and then put it in the freezer. When properly wrapped and sealed it can last up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy an excellent meatloaf sandwich you’ll know what to do!
Calories: 709kcal , Carbohydrates: 13g , Protein: 40g , Fat: 53g , Saturated Fat: 24g ,Cholesterol: 199mg , Sodium: 1582mgPotassium: 497mg , Sugar: 2g , Vitamin A: 670IU , Vitamin C: 1.5mg , Calcium: 490mg , Iron: 3mg