- 6 cups chicken broth or stock
- 6 ounces leftover cooked meatloaf, cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked green beans, cut into bite-size pieces, or thawed frozen green beans
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked carrots, cut into bite-size pieces, or thawed frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen cipollini or pearl onions, thawed
- 1/4 head escarole, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill or oregano, for garnish
- In a medium pot, heat the chicken broth to a simmer, then stir in the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, onions and escarole. Bring back to a simmer and cook until the escarole is wilted and the meatloaf is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Top with the chopped fresh herbs and serve.