This roasted mashed cauliflower recipe is an easy, low-carb keto alternative to mashed potatoes. The cauliflower is roasted with garlic and an a delicious assortment of herbs and spices then puréed into a silky mash.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 25 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower separated into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter + extra for serving if desired
- 1/4 cup heavy/whipping cream or to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Move the rack to the middle position.
- Prep the cauliflower and add it to a baking sheet. Toss it with the oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and salt & pepper. Roast the cauliflower for 20-25 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is about done, add the butter and cream to a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat, and warm it until the butter has melted. I recommend starting with 1/4 cup and adding more cream if necessary.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pan with the cream and butter. Use an immersion blender to purée the cauliflower.
- Season with more salt & pepper if needed. Serve with extra butter and a sprinkling of parsley or other herbs if desired.
- This is the trusty immersion blender I used for this recipe.
- Serves 4-6.