This vegan spinach and mushroom pasta is fast, easy, and totally delicious! It makes the perfect healthy and gluten-free weeknight meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 (8 ounce/227g) package Chickapea pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot chopped finely
- 7 ounces/200g mushrooms (I used crimini) sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups (packed) baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley to taste (optional)
- Nutritional yeast to taste (optional)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook al dente according to package directions.
- Add your pine nuts to a skillet over medium-high heat. Toast them for a few minutes, stirring often, and watching them closely so they don’t burn. Remove pine nuts and set aside once they’re toasted.
- Add the olive oil to your skillet, along with the shallot and mushrooms. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the water has released from the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and veggie broth to the pan. Let it bubble for a minute or two.
- Stir in the spinach and let it wilt.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Toss. Give it a taste and season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve the pasta with the pine nuts sprinkled on top, along with the parsley and nutritional yeast if using. It’s also delicious with an extra drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
- As individual ingredients and brands may vary, be sure to check that the actual products you are using are gluten-free (e.g. Dijon mustard and vegetable broth).