These healthy breakfast egg muffins with spinach and mushrooms are the perfect low-carb make-ahead breakfast recipe! Only 40 calories each.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time 35 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Dash of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups (packed) spinach chopped finely
- 5 ounces mushrooms (I used white button ones) chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle of the oven. Grease a 12-muffin tin thoroughly (I used Pam cooking spray).
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Chop the spinach and mushrooms, and stir them into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the egg mixture equally into each cavity of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- You can eat the egg muffins warm, but make sure you let them cool thoroughly prior to storing them. They will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.