These maple roasted carrots are an easy and delicious side dish that the whole family will love!
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 pounds carrots peeled & cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Add the carrots to a baking sheet. Toss them with the olive oil and some salt & pepper. Arrange in a single layer.
- Roast carrots for 15 minutes. You can toss halfway through, but I didn’t bother doing this.
- Take carrots out of the oven and add the maple syrup. Toss again and arrange them in a single layer. Roast for another 5-10 minutes or until the carrots are cooked to your liking.
- I bought a 2 lb. bag of carrots where they varied in size. I don’t necessarily recommend this since then the carrots cook at different rates. 25 minutes was enough to get the bigger pieces tender-crisp. If you’re using smaller carrots, I’d cut the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.