This Mediterranean chickpea salad has all the flavors of a classic Greek salad plus hearty chickpeas and fresh oregano and parsley for an extra pop of flavor. A wonderful light meal or side dish!
Prep Time 20 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- Handful assorted little tomatoes cut into halves
- Handful Kalamata olives
- 3.5 ounces cubed feta (packed in oil & herbs if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drain & rinse your chickpeas and add them to a salad bowl.
- Prep your veggies and herbs, and add them to the salad bowl as you go along.
- Add the dressing ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, garlic) right into the salad bowl and toss gently.
- If you can’t find feta that’s packed in oil and herbs, any feta will work fine. Also, don’t worry about it being exactly 3.5 ounces… that was the size package mine happened to come in.
- Serves 2-4.