Prep : 20 min | Total : 40 min | Servings : 4
Make your own takeout and stay in tonight! This copycat dinner nails everyone’s favorite Orange Chicken. With just a bit of spice, a little sweet and a lot of sticky, this crunchy, saucy chicken is insanely delish.
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a pot, combine orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes. Heat until boiling. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat coconut oil and vegetable oil to medium.
- Add beaten eggs to a large bowl. In another bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in cornstarch, twice, finishing with a cornstarch layer.
- Fry the battered chicken pieces in hot oil until golden brown. Transfer to a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to coat. Serve over sticky rice, if desired.