Not only do these Candy Cane Kiss Cookies look festive, but these holiday cookies have a festive peppermint flavor as well.
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 20 Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Add in flour and beat together until all the flour is wet and mixture is combined. Do not over beat.
- Cover and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from refrigerator. Create 1 inch balls and place onto a baking sheet. (Use parchment paper or spray gently with cooking spray.)
- Onto the top of each ball, gently press with a thumb or finger to create a crevice.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Once cookies are slightly golden brown take out of oven and immediately add one Candy Cane Hershey Kiss to the center of each and then allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving.