This maple tahini roasted salmon is a keep in your back pocket recipe! It’s glamorous enough for company, but easy enough for a kid friendly weeknight. And it only has 10 minutes of prep time!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless salmon
- sesame seeds and scallions for garnish, optional
- Whisk together tahini, maple, tamari, garlic and ginger in a baking dish. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the tahini mixture into a small dish and set in the refrigerator for step 4. Place salmon in the marinade, and turn to coat. Set in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Drain salmon and discard marinade. Arrange on the parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness, depending on thickness of salmon. Check for doneness by probing the fish with a knife, it’s best if it flakes but is still slightly very slightly rare in the center. For ¾-inch thick filet 6 to 8 minutes. For 1-inch filets 7 to 9 minutes. And for thicker 9- 12 minutes.
- Drizzle the reserved tahini sauce over the hot salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 775 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 33 g