This Mushroom and Spinach Egg White Bites Recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch! Low carb, healthy and loaded with fresh mushrooms, spinach and cheese. These protein-packed egg bites are also gluten-free and keto-friendly!
Prep Time10 mins | Cook Time15 mins | Total Time25 mins
- 12 egg whites
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms; thinly sliced white or Bella mushrooms will work
- 2/3 cups Swiss cheese; you can use your favorite cheese shredded
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add spinach and mushrooms and cook until spinach and mushrooms have reduced and have wilted- about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
- Evenly divide the spinach and mushrooms into 12 muffin tins. Equally divide the shredded cheese into the 12 muffin pan and then pour the egg whites equally over the cheese. Sprinkle the tops with a small pinch of salt and pepper (optional).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the Egg White Bites are set. Serve immediately and enjoy! Garnish with chives or parsley, optional.
- Store Egg White Bites in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. These will last all week so they make an easy grab and go. To warm, place in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds (each microwave temperature varies).
- Freezeegg bites: Allow the Egg White Bites to cool completely, at least 30 minutes. Place them in a single layer container and flash freeze them for an hour or until they have hardened. Put in a large plastic bag and store in the freezer. Egg bites will store for up to 3 months in the freezer.