This Easy Pizza Chicken is like your favorite pizza without all the carbs. It’s a keto dinner recipe made in one pan for easy clean up, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. A low carb chicken recipe that is totally kid approved!
Why are chicken thighs sold in packs of five? Isn’t this a strange amount, considering how other things are shipped? Chicken breasts are usually sold in fours and chicken legs in twos. A package of chicken legs always seems to have five. This is convenient because I have a family of 5.
Perfect for making One Pan Pizza Chicken.
Chicken thighs are my favorite part of a chicken. They are more delicious, juicier and cheaper than chicken breasts. They are perfect for keto meals because they come in perfectly portioned sizes. They cook quickly so that dinner can be prepared in a fraction of the time. For weeknight meals like this, I keep several chicken thighs in my freezer or fridge.
These days, I’m all for less work when it comes to dinner. Nothing is worse than slaving your heart out to create a delicious meal, only to have your children complain that they don’t like it.
This skillet pizza chicken will not let that happen. It was a huge hit right from the first time I made it for my family. They loved it so much that they started to make it a regular part of their dinner menu. You know you have a great thing when your kids cheer when you tell them what is for dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Servings: 6 servings | Calories: 443kcal
- 2 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce (make sure it has no added sugar)
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni (I like this one from Applegate)
- 1 ½ to 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat (if it’s a cast-iron skillet, be generous with your oil to avoid sticking). Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper and to pan. Cook until lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Pour pizza sauce over chicken thighs, spreading to coat. Arrange pepperoni over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake 25 minutes, then turn on broiler for a minute or two until cheese is bubbly and browned in spots.