This Lemon Honey Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry is full of sweet lemon flavor and comes together in just 30 minutes! Skip the not so healthy takeout and swap it out for this tastier and better for you version instead!
Yield: 4 servings |Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time: 10 mins |Marinating Time: 15 mins |Total Time: 35 mins
Honey Lemon Chicken and Broccoli:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce use Tamari to make the recipe gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- Quinoa brown or white rice for serving
Honey Lemon Chicken and Broccoli Sauce:
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey use 3 if you want it sweeter
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha optional but I liked the bit of heat it added
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces and add it to the marinade, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least 15 minutes or even a few hours.
- While the chicken is marinating prepare stir-fry sauce, whisking all the ingredients together.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- When the skillet is hot add in a couple teaspoon of oil and then the chopped broccoli florets.
- Stir-fry the broccoli for about 2 minutes, until it is bright green, but still crisp.
- Remove the broccoli from the skillet onto a plate.
- Add another teaspoon or so of oil to the skillet then add in the chicken, leaving the liquid from the marinade in the bowl.
- Stir fry the chicken until it is cooked through, about 3 minutes, then add the broccoli back in.
- Pour the stir-fry sauce in with the chicken and broccoli and stir it around until it starts to thicken and coat everything, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the stir-fry from the heat and serve over quinoa or rice.