These Mince Pie Truffles are packed with fruity mincemeat and cranberries – a delicious party snack or homemade Christmas gift!
Prep Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- 140 g mincemeat
- 50 g dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 55 g full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 175 g all-butter shortbread biscuits (use gluten free shortbread if required – tastes just as good in these truffles)
- 100 g milk chocolate, melted
- 200 g milk or dark chocolate, melted
- Gold edible glitter
- Gold sprinkles
- Place the mincemeat, cranberries, cinnamon, cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a medium-sized bowl and mix together until combined.
- Place the shortbread biscuits into a bag or bowl and crush into crumbs using the end of a rolling pin. Add the crumbs to the mincemeat mixture, along with the melted milk chocolate and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge to firm up for at least an hour (up to a day).
- Take the mixture out of the fridge. Line a plate or tray with baking parchment. Scoop out heaped teaspoons of the mix, place in your hand and roll into a ball. Place on the parchment (the mix will be a little sticky, but should hold its shape). Repeat until all of the mixture is used up. Place back into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the mincemeat balls out of the fridge. Line a new plate or tray with fresh parchment paper. Rest one of the balls on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off, then transfer the ball onto the fresh parchment paper by gently sliding off the fork using a teaspoon. Repeat until all the balls are covered in chocolate.
- Decorate the truffles with edible glitter and sprinkles. Allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.