Baked Brie with Apples is one of the best appetizers you’ll ever try! This easy recipe takes only 30 minutes and will add colors and vibrancy to any dinner menu! The apples are caramelized with brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and honey and then added on top of melting brie cheese. This is a vegetarian and gluten-free recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 oz brie cheese whole wheel of brie cheese
- 2 apples cored and sliced, length-wise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
How To Make Baked Brie with Apples
Bake the brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place brie into the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes until the brie softens.
Make caramelized apples
- Place sliced apples into a large bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and mix. Let apples sit for about 5 minutes to release juices.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter on high heat.
- Add sliced apples (without juice at the bottom of the pan) to the butter in the pan in a single layer, and cook on high for about 3 or 5 minutes, checking periodically.
- After 3 or 5 minutes, flip sliced apples to the other side, and cook on medium-high heat for another 3 or 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Note: Depending on how hot your stove gets, it might take you less or more time to cook the apples, the key is to brown them or even get a slightly “burned” effect. But don’t overdo it, stop cooking the apples once they acquire this “roasted” appearance.
- Right after you remove the pan with roasted sliced apples from the heat, immediately add honey – it will make apples sizzle and will caramelize them beautifully, off heat. Then, add all other juices from the bowl.
- Carefully transfer the baked brie to a serving dish, using something flat like a pie server.
- Top with warm caramelized apples, scattering some of the apples around the base of the brie for presentation purposes.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg
enjoy with Baked Brie with Apples