The Chocolate Mousse recipe is light, chocolaty, easy to whip up in under five minutes. It’s a great dessert to serve any day or day of the week!
Prep Time 5 minutes | Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups HEAVY whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (dutch preferred), sifted, use 1/3 cup for DARK chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, use 1/4 cup for DARK chocolate flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- In a chilled mixing bowl, begin whipping cream. Whip until frothy and slightly thicken.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Carefully mix until soft peaks form.
- Add almond extract if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into plastic bag or piping bag with piping tip. Pip into serving bowls or glasses.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chilling your mixing bowl will help the cream whip more easily.
Sift cocoa powder to avoid dark flecks in mousse.
Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar to start. If you’d like a sweeter mousse, additional sugar up to an additional 1/2 cup. You can use a zero calorie sugar substitute for a sugar free or low carb version. Use a 1:1 sugar substitute. For best results, use powdered variety such as Swerve powdered sugar substitute.