Taco Tuesday just got a little better with these quick and easy, low-carb Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados – I’m obsessed!
- 4 small avocados, yields 16 oz fruit
- 1 small lime
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 small yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup part-skim shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, optional for topping
- Halve and pit avocados. Using a spoon, scoop out a some of the avocado, to make a larger well.
- Dice reserved avocado and set aside for later. Squeeze lime juice over all avocados to prevent browning.
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat, spray with oil.
- When hot, add the ground turkey, spices and onion and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water and cook, stirring until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fill each avocado half with turkey, then top with cheese, reserved avocado, tomato, and Greek yogurt or sour cream, if desired. Eat with a spoon!