This simple Eggplant and Tomato Sauce is delicious, made with diced eggplant stewed in tomatoes and garlic. I love it served over pasta but it’s also great over zucchini noodles.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 28 oz can plum tomatoes including juice, I like Tuttorosso
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- chopped basil or parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet, when hot saute the garlic in olive oil.
- Add eggplant and cook about 3 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and add them to the skillet along with the juices.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered about 15-20 minutes.
- Add fresh chopped herbs and serve over your favorite pasta.