Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken with Vegetables – A healthier option when you want a quick and easy dinner! Gluten free too!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 large red-skinned potatoes such as Albert Bartlett, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 large red onion peeled and sliced into thick wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 220 g tender-stem broccoli broken into thin stems
- 150 g green beans trimmed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Mix together the honey, mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts on a large baking tray/sheet pan. Brush the honey-mustard mixture all over the chicken breasts (it will pour off a little, that’s fine).
- Arrange the potatoes, carrots and onion wedges around the chicken.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of the oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Move the vegetables around the sheet pan a little, using a spatula, and baste any juice over the chicken breasts (especially any of the mustard sauce that may have poured off the chicken).
- Add the green beans to the sheet pan and cook for 5 minutes. Now add the broccoli and drizzle the remaining oil over the brocolli and the green beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Slice the chicken breasts and dish out the chicken and vegetables onto four plates (no need to slice if you prefer to serve to 3 people).
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!