My Shaved Sprout Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing makes a great Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish, sweet, tangy and full of flavour!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 3 mins | Total Time: 18 mins
- 500 g sprouts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 35 g dried cranberries
- 30 g roughly chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts, and chop the ends of the stalks off. Slice the sprouts very thinly.
- Place a medium frying pan/skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the garlic and stir through for 30 seconds, then add the shaved sprouts. Fry the sprouts, tossing through the garlic butter to coat, for 1-2 minutes, until the sprouts a warmed through, but still vibrantly green. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour half over the sprouts. Toss together to coat, then sprinkle the cranberries, walnuts and parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve with the extra honey mustard dressing.