Sweet Roasted Kabocha and Goat’s Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing – You don’t need any meat to make it feel like a complete meal.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 small kabocha squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 100 g baby spinach
- 100 g soft goat cheese, roughly chopped (Capricorn Goats cheese is a good vegetarian option)
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 tbsp pomegranate juice you can use bought pomegranate juice or squeeze the juice out of half a large pomegranate
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375f.
- Cut the squash into 1” slices, remove and discard the seeds, then cut each slice into half-moons. Toss in the olive oil, then sprinkle on the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Whilst the squash is cooking, make the dressing by mixing together all of the dressing ingredients using a fork. Pour into a small serving bowl.
- Take the squash out of the oven and put to one side. Divide the spinach between three plates. Top with slices of squash, then sprinkle with goats cheese, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts. Serve with the pomegranate dressing.